What is Compounding?
Pharmacy compounding is the preparation of a customized dosage form and/or prescribed medication to meet an individual patient's or physician's needs. These medications are prescribed by a physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, veterinarian, dentist, or other prescribing practitioner, and compounded by a state-licensed pharmacist. A growing number of people and animals have unique health needs that off-the-shelf, one-size-fits-all prescription medicines cannot meet. For them, customized medications are the only way to better health.
- When needed medications are discontinued by or generally unavailable from pharmaceutical companies, often because the medications are no longer profitable to manufacture;
- When the patient is allergic to certain preservatives, dyes, or binders in available off-the-shelf medications;
- When treatment requires tailored dosage strengths for patients with unique needs (for example, an infant);
- When a pharmacist can combine several medications a patient is taking to increase compliance;
- When a patient cannot ingest the medication in its commercially available form and a pharmacist can prepare the medication in cream, liquid or other form that the patient can easily take; and
- When medications require flavor additives to make them more palatable for some patients, most often, children.
Confirmation of a Patient Prescription:
When a prescription is received by the pharmacy, our staff will call carefully prepare the compounded medication. Our pharmacists will contact the patient when their prescription is available for pick up or to be mailed.
We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Debit cards, HSA cards, cash or check.
As a service to our customers, Custom Care Pharmacy can provide patients, upon request, with a Universal Claim Form so they may file with their insurance company for reimbursement.
Mailing of Prescription Directly to Patient's Home:
Upon request, we can mail the patient's prescription directly to their home within the state of North Carolina only. Patient's need to supply our pharmacists with their shipping address and their credit card number. Patient's may place their credit card on file with us. Alternatively, they may mail us a check for all charges, however, the check must be received before the package will be shipped.
*Delivery is available to a limited service area.